Friday, December 30, 2011

That was the year that was

The top 5 posts from this year were as follows:

  1. Secondary literature on Wittgenstein (20 comments, 135 page views)
  2. Midnight in Paris (9 comments, 95 page views)
  3. NPR on Korsgaard on bin Laden (3 comments, 92 page views)
  4. And you may say to yourself, "My God, what have I done?" (8 comments, 90 page views)
  5. Black transvestites (5 comments, 84 page views)

This suggests that not everyone who comes here does so by mistake, which is good.

Around this time last year I made some predictions about what I would be doing and blogging about in 2011. Things didn't work out quite as I expected: I couldn't think of anything to say about In the Heart of the Country after all (except: read it) and as far as I can tell my submission to the Wittgenstein conference in Iceland never reached its destination. Oh well. In 2012 I expect to be thinking about poverty, rights, Wittgenstein, and applied ethics. And how to hire a philosopher.

Thanks again to everyone who reads and comments on this blog. I always like being agreed with, but the disagreement is useful too. I often end up agreeing with it, or at least having a better idea of what I think and why. And I like that, too.

Have a wonderful New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment