- Susan Sterrett (of Wittgenstein Flies a Kite fame) is starting a blog called matters of proportion
- DuckRabbit (which is always good) is promising to start up again, just when I had deleted it from my bookmarks
- I don't have links in the sidebar to any foreign language blogs, but Orienteringsforsøk by Vidar Halgunset and Betänkligheter by Lars Hertzberg are worth reading, even if you have to rely on Google Translate to understand them
- Thanks to Michael Cholbi at In Socrates' Wake I've discovered Worst Professor Ever, who is no longer a professor and has some interesting thoughts on why she chose to leave academia
- She also has some criticisms of academic conferences, as does Jon Cogburn. There might be good reasons for big conferences like the three APA meetings, but I much prefer (and think I get more out of) smaller, more narrowly focused ones. That seems too obvious to make into a blog post of its own though.
Friday, January 7, 2011
I'm working on a post that has veered from Coetzee to swear words. Hopefully I'll get it under control soon. In the meantime, here is some news about blogs you might not know about:
Posted by Duncan Richter at 4:12 PM