Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The question of the moment

There's a very interesting interview with Michel Houellebecq here. He mentions Coetzee, Iggy Pop, Dostoevsky, and H. P. Lovecraft. He confirms (at the end of the interview) my view that he is a Romantic. He also says that no reviewer has mentioned the last part of The Possibility of an Island, or perhaps the difference between this and his other writing. It's almost as if he hasn't read my essay on him, which would not be a surprise since even I could not find it online. (I created a bunch of web pages which were then all moved to new addresses, with new design and, as far as I can see, some re-writing. Oh well.)

Anyway, I recommend his book on Lovecraft, his first novel (translated as Whatever), and The Elementary Particles.

No comments:

Post a Comment